In 1907 Mr. and Mrs. George W. Tucker donated the land for (then) Methodist Episcopal Church south off Ballard Road.
The original building was then built in 1907 and in 1909 a Free Will Baptist Church pastured by Rev. Moore had been meeting in a home came to worship here. Records and notes sate that this good arrangement has lasted over 100 years.
Many people ask how a church works in this manner? The 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month a Baptist pastor preaches and on the 2nd and 4th Sundays a Methodist pastor preaches. When there is a 5th Sunday it is Children’s Service or a special speaker. The first Sunday in June is Children’s Day or Homecoming.
The church remains a place to worship God and full of the Holy Spirit. We enjoy fellowship and being with each other and not asking who is Methodist or Baptist.